Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, 10617 Taipei, TAIWAN
Molecular self-assembly methodology for rational construction of metallosupramolecules with high structural complexity
Molecular self-assembly through coordination chemistry for construction of intricate supramolecular architectures has received tremendous attention owing to their aesthetic topology and diverse functionality. However, it is still challenging to predict the self-assembly behavior of molecular building blocks particularly in a multicomponent system. To tackle this issue, we devoted our efforts to developing effective self-assembly strategies for rational construction of metallosupramolecules, such as multivalent ligand design for cooperative coordination [1-2], complementary ligand pairing [3-4], and metalloligand tectons . Among them, the complementary complexation pair of terpyridine-based ligands and the multivalency-induced cooperativity are able to greatly diminish kinetic errors in a multicomponent self-assembly process. Hence, building on these strategies, a number of novel metallo-supramolecular structures not accessible through conventional methods can be readily achieved in a rational manner . These and other aspects of coordination-driven self-assembly will be discussed.
- Fu, J.-H.; Lee, Y.-H.; He, Y.-J.; Chan, Y.-T. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 6231–6235.
- Chen, Y.-S.; Solel, E.; Huang, Y.-F.; Wang, C.-L.; Tu, T.-H.; Keinan, E.; Chan, Y.-T. Nat. Commun. 2019, 10, 3443.
- Wang, S.-Y.; Fu, J.-H.; Liang, Y.-P.; He, Y.-J.; Chen, Y.-S.; Chan, Y.-T. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 3651–3654.
- Wang, S.-Y.; Huang, J.-Y.; Liang, Y.-P.; He, Y.-J.; Chen, Y.-S.; Zhan, Y.-Y.; Hiraoka, S.; Liu, Y.-H.; Peng, S.-M.; Chan, Y.-T. Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 9274–9284.
- Chen, M.; Wang, J.; Wang, S.-C.; Jiang, Z.; Liu, D.; Liu, Q.; Zhao, H.; Yan, J.; Chan, Y.-T.; Wang, P. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 12168–12174.
- Fu, J.-H.; Wang, S.-Y.; Chen, Y.-S.; Prusty, S.; Chan, Y.-T. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 16217–16221.